RARE INHOUSE OPPORTUNITY FOR GENERALIST AND EMPLOYEE BENEFITS ATTORNEY IN NORTHERN CHICAGO SUBURB
Seeking Inhouse Senior Counsel Attorney with ERISA and employee benefits experience for global company in northern suburb of Chicago
We hope you'll apply! Or maybe you know someone who may be looking to make a move inhouse?
TITLE: Senior Counsel
DEPARTMENT: Legal SALARY BAND: L
REPORTS TO: SVP & General Counsel BONUS: Target - 25%
SUPERVISES: Administrative Assistant OVERTIME STATUS: Exempt
DATE: April 2015
Generalist lawyer with ability to manage legal services for employee benefit area (pension, profit sharing, stock option, long-term incentive, medical and dental, life, etc.) of a global security company and its operating companies (“the Company”).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide general legal advice to the Company’s businesses, including contracts and litigation.
2. Participate with human resources in designing and drafting employee benefit plans, plan amendments and SPDs.
3. Draft and advise on executive compensation, parachute, severance, deferred compensation plans and agreements.
4. Advise management regarding ERISA, COBRA and related issues and IRS and DOL plan
5. Advise on individual employee situations that arise from time to time.
6. Manage outside counsel to ensure cost-effective delivery of services.
7. Analyze benefits issues in potential mergers and acquisitions.
• At least 5 years of experience as a lawyer with experience in employee benefits and ERISA required.
• In house legal department experience (preferred).
• Interpersonal skills, ability to understand and partner with businesses, leadership, creativity, strong analytical and organization skills and effective communication.
• Ability to counsel and influence senior management.
• Sound judgment and a strong ethical framework.
• Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects in a fast-paced, evolving corporate law practice.
If you (or someone you know) may be interested in this Senior Counsel position, kindly forward your resume to Nancy Glazer, Manager, Legal Launch LLC at Nancy@LegalLaunch.net. You can add a short, cover email telling Nancy why the position intrigues/excites you and why you think you’re a great fit. You can also call Nancy with questions at 847.650.1535. We are excited about this new opportunity, and we would love to start a conversation about it with you! All candidates will receive responses. Thank you for your interest and your trust!